In recent years the technology used to manufacture contact lenses has advanced dramatically, making them incredibly easy to use and comfortable to wear. Some modern day lenses are even designed for overnight wear (sleeping in) making them even more convenient than ever.
As part of National Eye Health Week (September 18-24), BBR Optometry can help you find a type of contact lens to suit your individual needs, then you too will be able to enjoy the many benefits of wearing contact lenses. These benefits include:
- A world free of spectacle frames
- The potential to see better than with your glasses
- Clear vision in all directions of gaze
- Better and safer form of vision correction for sports
- The ability to wear sunglasses of any design or fashion
Contact lenses can easily correct the common eyesight problems – such as short-sightedness, long-sightedness, astigmatism and nowadays, presbyopia – meaning patients of all ages can be successfully fitted with contact lenses!
You don’t even need to wear them all the time, but switch between contact lenses and spectacles as suits you. Modern lenses such as daily disposables are perfectly suited for occasional wear for going out or playing sports, for example.
When it comes to vision correction, contact lenses give you crisp all-round vision, the freedom to be active and a fresh look.
Below are just some of the reasons why contact lenses give the way you see, feel and look a new lease of life.
- Contact lenses move with your eyes to give you a full field of focused vision, wherever you look. They help you track the action with sharp, direct and peripheral vision.
- You don’t get the reflections and distortions you get with glasses.
- They won’t get splashed, giving you clearer vision whatever the weather.
- They don’t steam up when you enter a warmer space.
- Contact lenses give you the freedom of movement you need to lead an active lifestyle.
- Lenses are lighter and less obtrusive than glasses.
- They won’t bounce up and down or slip off.
- They don’t pinch your nose or rub against your ears.
- They don’t interfere with your headgear for active sports.
- Once they’re in, you won’t have to worry about losing or breaking them.
- Contact lenses can improve how you see and feel about yourself and how people see you.
- They give you a natural look, without frames obscuring your face.
- You can wear the latest style of fashionable, non-prescription sunglasses.
- They don’t get in the way of showing off your eye make-up.
If you wish to trial lenses on an obligation free basis, you will need an up-to-date full eye examination. Trial lenses are supplied free of charge and there is no charge if you do not proceed. If you do proceed, our obligation to care for your continuing eye health means that you will need to join one of our monthly care plans (EyeLife) which confer many benefits.
Failure to maintain adequate care of contact lenses and of your eyes when wearing contact lenses can run the risk of serious infection.